At the recent 2014 National Ligonier Conference, men like R. C. Sproul, Al Mohler, Steve Lawson and Voddie Baucham (among others) fielded some tough questions relating to political involvement, hell, Christian theme movies, homeschooling, marriage and homosexuality. Those are some pretty big and important questions. Here are a few of the more than 30 questions posed:
- I have a son who has entered into a homosexual lifestyle. How do I handle this, how do I act, what do I say?
- I have many Christian friends who are libertarians and say the state should not be involved in marriage at all. Is this a correct position?
- I have a relative who is constantly trying to say that if I try to say something is false or sinful I am “condemning” the person or the thing and am not being loving. What do I say in response?
- Dr. Mohler, is homeschooling a retreat from the world? Can we put children in school and expect them to engage the world?
- What is the biblical way we should think about movies such as, Son of God, Noah, God’s Not Dead, and Heaven is for Real?
- How do we deal with knowing some of our loved ones may be headed to perdition?
- I am trying to reconcile the death of my son. How do I deal with my anger against God experienced as I am in this dark time?
- Given that we are not of the world, but sent into the world, what should our political involvement be, particularly for moral issues?
You can watch their answers to these and more questions here. (Note: There are times associated with each question so you don’t have to spend an hour waiting for them to answer the ones you are interested in.